Robert Louis Miller (born September 15, 1968) is an American trial lawyer, writer and legal commentator. He is the founder of the law firm Robert L. Miller & Associates, in Newport Beach, California. Robert Miller is also a still photographer, and this page contains some of the Photographs, Publications, Speaking Engagements by Robert Miller.
His photographs have been featured at the London Zoo, the Los Angeles Natural Museum of Science (where it is on permanent display in the new Nature Lab), documentaries about the Disney Corporation, in textbooks, in Starwood and Marriott hotels, and in law firm and other websites around the world.
Mr. Miller has also served on the board of several charities, or non profits, including the Ocean Institute, Olive Crest, and Karma International. He has been a volunteer for Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CHOC), and the orphanage charity Corazon de Vida.
|Robert Louis Miller|
|Born||September 15, 1968|
|Residence||Newport Beach, California|
|Alma mater||National University in San Diego
Western State University College of Law
|Occupation||Attorney at Law|
|Home town||Orange County, California|
Early life & education
Robert Miller was born on September 15, 1968 and was raised in Southern California.
Robert Miller attended National University in San Diego, where he received an Associate of Arts Degree (1988), and a Bachelor’s of Business Administration (1990). He graduated from Western State University College of Law in Irvine, California, in 1994. He is a graduate of the National College of DUI Defense Trials Skills College, at Harvard Law School, in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Robert Miller worked for Real Property Services, Inc. in Carlsbad, California, and the law firm of Cates and Han in Newport Beach, California, (now Cates and Petersen) in law school. Robert Miller passed the bar and was sworn in as an attorney and member of the California State Bar on June 5, 1995. He began working as a trial attorney for the law firm of Wallin and Klarich in 1995. In 1997, he joined The Rizio Law Firm, handling personal injury cases, and criminal defense matters.
Miller & Associates
On October 14, 1999, Robert Miller started his own law firm, The Law Offices of Robert Miller, which was renamed in 2002 to Robert L. Miller & Associates. The firm moved from Santa Ana to Newport Beach, in 2012.
Local jail reviews
Robert Miller is also known for his reviews on local jails through the Yelp service. The topic and reviews have been covered in several mainstream media that includes The Washington Post, ABA Journal, International Business Times, Government Technology, The Daily Mail, Radar Online, Huffington Post, and others.
- Co-author Strategies for Defending DUI Cases in California, 2013, ISBN 978-0314287441 (Aspatore Press).
- Co-author Strategies for Defending DUI Cases in California, 2014, ISBN 978-0314291875 (Aspatore Press).
- Author of the Skeptic Magazine article on Christian Science and Quantum Physics, part of the two volume Skeptic Encyclopedia on Pseudoscience edited by Michael Shermer.
Photographs, Publications, Speaking Engagements by Robert Miller
- With few other outlets for complaints, inmates review prisons on Yelp, April 27, 2013 Washington Post, retrieved March 9, 2016
- Cassens Weiss, Debra. “A five-star prison? Yelp reviews of correctional facilities address rude staffers, mistreatment”. ABA Journal. American Bar Association. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- Schumann, Rebecka. “Inmates Reviewing Prisons And Jail Facilities On Yelp; Lawyer Robert Miller Calls Controversial Service Valuable”. International Business Times. International Business Times. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- “A New Trend: Inmates Rate Jails on Yelp”. Government Tech. govtech.com.
- Nye, James. “Prisoners review their jails on Yelp: The staff at Sing Sing are ‘rude’ and watch out for the roaches of Rikers Island”. The Daily Mail. The Daily Mail.
- “Inmates Review Prisons On Yelp — ‘Lumpy Beds But The Food Was Great!’”. Radar Online. Radar Online. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- “Yelp Prison Reviews: Lawyers, Inmates Report Good And Bad Conditions Online”. Andy Campbell. Huffingtonpost. 29 April 2013. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- “Robert Miller -Articles”. Expert Law Firm. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Miller, Robert (2013). Strategies for Defending DUI Cases in California. Thomson Reuters Westlas. ISBN 978-0314287441. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- “Strategies for Defending DUI Cases in California, 2014”. Amazon.com. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Miller, Robert (January 1999). “Christian Science and the Perversion of Quantum Physics”. Skeptic Magazine 7 (1).
- Miller, Robert (2002). The Skeptics Encyclopedia of Pseudoscience. Oxford, England: ABC-Clio. p. 316. ISBN 1576076539. Retrieved 6 March 2016.